Why do I get messages telling me about postings on FaceBook? These are very annoying. I've searched everywhere on my phone and FB account and cannot find how to stop these messages.
bjohlwiler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please anyone including Verizon how can I stop these very annoying messages?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I get messages telling me about postings on FaceBook? These are very annoying. I've searched everywhere on my phone and FB account and cannot find how to stop these messages.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's your Facebook notifications settings from within Facebook.  On your computer, log into your Facebook account.

On the blue toolbar cross the top where it has your name, Home, and some icons, click the lock one.  Then click See More Settings.

Click notifications, and there you can set what you get notified about, and how you get notified, or if you get notified at all. 

You may be able to do this on the phone too, but it's easier to see it all on the computer, and that will determine what you see on your phone as well.

View solution in original post

Re: Why do I get messages telling me about postings on FaceBook? These are very annoying. I've searched everywhere on my phone and FB account and cannot find how to stop these messages.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's your Facebook notifications settings from within Facebook.  On your computer, log into your Facebook account.

On the blue toolbar cross the top where it has your name, Home, and some icons, click the lock one.  Then click See More Settings.

Click notifications, and there you can set what you get notified about, and how you get notified, or if you get notified at all. 

You may be able to do this on the phone too, but it's easier to see it all on the computer, and that will determine what you see on your phone as well.