Why isn't there an e-mail address for support?
INXS9000RPM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you noticed that Verizon offers no Email Support? Effectively, VZ is deliberately stopping you and I from lodging a dispute; be it a dispute about billing, service, or termination!

So if you have a Billing query you hafta just suck-it in and wait 20+ mins on the phone for a CSR.  I've tried to hang on twice now and given up each time.  And it [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] me off because, I'm wanting to get VZ to stop miss-charging me, and to bill me fairly.  IAs a result, I can't simply pay a smaller amount of the invoice and email a dispute for not paying the full amount.

I guess this no-email-complaints approach helps VZ avoid lawsuits, as there is no written record of a dispute.  Similarly, their no-email-feedback shows that they don't care about getting positive or negative customer feedback.  The only company I know of which started this trend is Microsoft - in its early days - before it built a large corporate User base.  After that, it started charging for Support services.  And we all know what that did to MS' reputation.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's take on this energy-sapping, time-wasting VZ phone-only Support service.  Maybe I'm just too cynical, and have misread VZ's service culture completely ?????????????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizion Support is Killing Me - How about U?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello INXS9000RPM!

While it's true that we no longer offer email support, we have many venues to offer assistance. We have these community forums, we can help you via Facebook facebook.com/verizon , via Twitter.com/vzwsupport , you can visit a store location, or you can contact us by phone at 800-922-0204.
What's going on with your account? I'm happy to help, so if you could please supply me with some details, I can address your concerns here.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's put this in perspective. Any dispute should be done in writing. Not in an email.

Send the billing dispute to the address on your invoice. Send US Postal Service Certified Return Receipt Requested.

Then you will get the green card back and you then have other options later. Small claims court being one of them.

Verizon has an on line dispute form but I would not use their own process since having an argument etc. Against the person you are fighting with is not to bright. Don't use arbitration under any circumstances.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello INXS9000RPM!

While it's true that we no longer offer email support, we have many venues to offer assistance. We have these community forums, we can help you via Facebook facebook.com/verizon , via Twitter.com/vzwsupport , you can visit a store location, or you can contact us by phone at 800-922-0204.
What's going on with your account? I'm happy to help, so if you could please supply me with some details, I can address your concerns here.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Tags (1)
0 Likes
HamorAvoda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello INXS9000RPM!

You are right,  VZW generally does not let their employees to communicate customer disputes via emails. Anything written may be construed as interpretation of company's policy and could be potentially used against the company. Unfortunately or fortunately the only way to litigate is to file a claim with AAA ( American Arbitration Association) VZW clearly set forth the procedure in their customer agreement. Many monetary disputes cannot be resolved on customer service level because lower tiers reps have very little authority  to adjust your bill. VZW has very solid corporate logistics in place, so trying to appeal to logic and common sense in corporate environment  doesn't work in many cases. Don't get mad. Do EXACTLY what VZW want you to do in case of dispute. File a notice of dispute as outlined in customer agreement. AAA is known not to be very pro-consumer however if your case has merit you have a very good chance to win plus if you retain a lawyer you will get reimbursed for all of your expenses. Big corps hate to loose arbitrations with their own customers for many different reasons. The other very good reason for them to settle with you before it even goes to arbitration, is that you will have  to keep the terms of your settlement confidential. Technically they can get away with a lot of things and just settle in your favor( because you are happened to be that annoying customer) without anyone knowing about it.  Since not that many people are willing to go all the way, its just dollars and sense approach for a company to figure out how to squeeze a customer without killing profit, which is an ultimate goal for any company.

On the good note, In my personal experience, shortly after filing a notice of dispute I received a phone call from VZW rep offering help to resolve the issue. To my biggest surprise my 2 months long dispute has been resolved by few clicks of a button on the other side of the wire. Good Luck

Not applicable

You do not arbitrate. In the customer agreement single right of actions list court as an option.

Verizon cannot stop you from going to court. Verizon cannot force you to use arbitration. The US Justice System and the individual states have laws in place to make sure you can go to court.

Court records are public. These are the types of cases Verizon does not want others to know about.

You also do not have to be silent in the settlement. Court cases are settled via a court of component jurisdiction in your locale.

You don't arbitrate with a company PAYING the arbitration fees. It is known that 90% of these cases are settled in favor of the company and not the consumer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
HamorAvoda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Elector.

Verizon can and will stop you from going to real court.You are probably aware that by using Verizon Wireless services you are waiving your ultimate  constitutional right to be tried by jury of your piers. Legal agreements sometimes are very confusing and hard to understand without knowing how US legal system works. Your reply to my post is a perfect example. The only thing I can say, that if you are VZW employee hiding behind fictitious user name, it is a shame.    

Here it is from Verizon Wireless Agreement as of  November 2013:

"YOU AND VERIZON WIRELESS BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES ONLY BY ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THERE'S NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND THE PROCEDURES MAY BE DIFFERENT, BUT AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD YOU THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF, AND MUST HONOR THE SAME TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS A COURT WOULD. IF THE LAW ALLOWS FOR AN AWARD OF ATTORNEYS' FEES, AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD THEM TOO.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

http://www.verizonwireless.com/pdfs/settlement/National_CA.pdf

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Um, the Constitution and "your right to trial by a jury of your peers" has nothing to do with civil litigation.

Also, Elector is not a Verizon employee.  Verizon employees are clearly identified on the forums.

0 Likes
HamorAvoda
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be exactly correct jury trial is done by a jury of your piers whether your case is civil or criminal unless you explicitly waive it, please read below from VZW customer agreement. And again I am not advocating to litigate in every instance, only in extreme cases. My experience in dealing with VZW people who handle customer disputes on high level was more than satisfactory. I am sorry for making a wrong assumption about Electors affiliation with VZW

(9) IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND VERIZON WIRELESS AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND VERIZON WIRELESS UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT IN ANY WAY. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.

0 Likes
Not applicable

in the post above it clearly states "Small Claims Court as well as arbitration" so your first post as well as the rest are totally incorrect.

small claims court has no jury. lawyers are frowned upon and both sides produce their evidence to a single judge. this judge is a civil court judge. I have delt with county court judges in these courts on occasion as visiting judges. again you have no idea what you are talking about. I have worked with judges for 34 years, and the court clerks are well known to me.

verizon wireless cannot usurp the justice system. the us supreme court has ruled out class actions in certain cases, one being if arbitration or small claims is in your contract.

and I don't work for verizon in any way shape or form. I am a retired civil servant.

Good Luck

l

0 Likes
HamorAvoda
Enthusiast - Level 2

US Legal system is not black and white . Laws are written and enacted by people sponsored by big corporate establishment and that says it all!

0 Likes