Why won't backup assistant recognize my PIN?
mrodas

@I have a Pantech Hotshot and am trying to transfer my contacts through Backup Assistant. Whenever I enter my PIN and it says it's connecting, the phone number at the bottom of the screen is my father's number (the one who owned the phone first). It then says that the account already exists and I should contact customer support. When I go to the help screen, it says to download a fresh copy of Backup Assistant on the Get it Now mobile shop. When I try to do that, it says that it is unable to verify my account information and to please call customer service. Help! How do I get backup assistant to recognize my PIN and/or get a new downloaded copy of Backup Assistant that might work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: backup assistant not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrodas, I understand wanting to get the contacts on the phone. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with getting this taken care of. Please try the following steps:

To reset BUA:

1. Launch backup assistant application
2. If you get the screen help and Ok screen first
3.  Choose help then press and hold a camera button on the bottom of right side of the phone
4.  When get to new menu choose reset sign up data
5.  If you do not get Help and Ok screen, press and hold center square key at the bottom of the phone and then choose to close all application.

If do not get Help and Ok screen, then the only option would be to get phone flashed at the store.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrodas, I understand wanting to get the contacts on the phone. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with getting this taken care of. Please try the following steps:

To reset BUA:

1. Launch backup assistant application
2. If you get the screen help and Ok screen first
3.  Choose help then press and hold a camera button on the bottom of right side of the phone
4.  When get to new menu choose reset sign up data
5.  If you do not get Help and Ok screen, press and hold center square key at the bottom of the phone and then choose to close all application.

If do not get Help and Ok screen, then the only option would be to get phone flashed at the store.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bell239

I had same problem, just resert the phone, your father's info will be all delect,  the phone all the fountions will be delects too, if you do not know how to resert the phone,take it to the store ask for help.you can downlow the backup  asst.

0 Likes