Why won't my LG Revere 3 turn on?
MINDYBETH01

Middle of the night my phone started the low battery beep, and instead of muting it or turning it off, I grabbed my Kindle charger and plugged in. Bad choice because now it will show the LG screen for a few moments, then go black, then LG screen, black, LG screen, etc. until I take out the battery. I got a charger and charged the battery, still happens. Got a new LG brand battery for it, 100% charged, same thing. Is there something else to try or did I fry my phone? Model # LG-VN170 Hardware Revision 1.0
Moral of this story, using the correct charger really does matter!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revere 3 won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is good to hear there is no damage to the device, MINDYBETH01, Please reach out to us on Facebook Private Message or Twitter DM so we can take a closer look.

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MINDYBETH01, thank you for sharing your story. We want to do all that we can to get that device back up and running properly. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? Did you recently update the software on it?

Does this issue still persist with the new battery? Let's try pressing/holding the power button to power it off. Next, briefly remove the battery from your device. Use your thumb to pull up on the indentation near the bottom of the back cover and pull the battery cover upward to remove it. From the groove at the bottom of the battery, lift the battery out. Place it back into your device and try to power it on again. Keep us posted and let us know if the screen still freezes.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MINDYBETH01

Thanks for your response. No, no water or physical damage, and no software updates (I don't even know how to do that).

The issue does persist with the new battery. The problem is that the phone won't fully power on, and pushing the power button once it's started to power up does nothing, so the only way to stop the power up cycle is to remove the battery (and not have it plugged in).

And it's not exactly that the screen freezes, it's that it only gets a few moments into the power-on cycle, then goes black and immediately starts over, repeat, repeat, repeat, until I remove the battery. Then when I replace the battery (and it doesn't matter if I do it right away, or give it a break for hours), once I press the power button to turn it on the cycle starts and no amount of pushing the power button stops it (unless there is some specific combination to hack into the cycle), only removing the battery will put an end to the cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is good to hear there is no damage to the device, MINDYBETH01, Please reach out to us on Facebook Private Message or Twitter DM so we can take a closer look.

DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
igotboost

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you figure out a fix for it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your phone is working the way it should. We are happy to help. When did this issue begin? Are you using the original charger that came with the device? What happens when you plug the phone in to the charger?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes