after deleting a downloaded ringtone, I can`t get any tone to work with notifications
Joe554

I downloaded a ringtone to use for notifications, but I later wanted to change it. Whenever I changed it to another tone, it just went back to the same one.

So I deleted the downloaded one, but now I can`t get any tone to work with notifications. The ringtone for incoming calls still works, but I can`t change it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: after deleting a downloaded ringtone, I can`t get any tone to work with notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having only one tone will definitely get boring Joe554. Let's get all the other sounds working for you. Do you hear the same notification sound for texts, email, updates, etc? Or is the futuristic tone only playing for text messages? I ask as you may have changed it for the default notifications but not specifically for texts. To change the text tone: Click on the messaging icon on your phone. Then click on the Menu key (left key at the bottom of the phone, looks like a square with 2 lines in it). Select Settings, In Notification Settings, click on Select Ringtone. Check to see if the futuristic tone is still selected here. Please keep us updated if this works for you.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: after deleting a downloaded ringtone, I can`t get any tone to work with notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Personalized ringtones make the phone so much more enjoyable, Joe554. Let's get to the bottom of this issue. What make and model phone do you have? What app did you download the ringtone from?
LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joe554

I downloaded the ringtone from Play Store, but I don`t remember the name of the app. Thats the first thing I deleted. I do remember the name of the tone was "Futuristic Tone". My phone is a Samsung Illusions. Joe554

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details, Joe554. Let's keep digging. When you orignally downloaded the app, do you recall recieving a prompt to select it as your default ringtone option?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joe554

I don`t remember if I got a prompt to select to select the app I downloaded as the default ringtone.The app I downloaded came with several tones, I set one of them (Futuristic Tone) for notifications, like text messages. Once I did that I could not change it, even if I set another tone, it would revert back to the Futuristic tone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having only one tone will definitely get boring Joe554. Let's get all the other sounds working for you. Do you hear the same notification sound for texts, email, updates, etc? Or is the futuristic tone only playing for text messages? I ask as you may have changed it for the default notifications but not specifically for texts. To change the text tone: Click on the messaging icon on your phone. Then click on the Menu key (left key at the bottom of the phone, looks like a square with 2 lines in it). Select Settings, In Notification Settings, click on Select Ringtone. Check to see if the futuristic tone is still selected here. Please keep us updated if this works for you.

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joe554

Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested, and that worked. I can now change the tones for my texts. However, I still can`t change tones for incoming calls.

0 Likes
Joe554

I mentioned that the ringtone now works with my text. However, now i do not have any sound when making, or receiving calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to learn that the ringtones are now working for your text messages Joe554. Now we just need to get the regular ringer working and we'll be back on track here! When you receive a call, do you see it come through on the screen but just no sound? Have you checked to make sure the incoming call volume level has been turned up? You can check this by going to Settings>Sound Settings>Volume>Make sure the slider under incoming call volume is set to the desired level. When you go to make calls, there wouldn't normally be any tone that plays. You should hear the normal rings like when you make a call from a landline. Are you hearing something different?

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
Joe554

When I make a call, it seems to connect, the little clock on the lower right of the screen counts off. I don`t hearanything though. The incoming call volume is turned up, however I don`t hear anything.

0 Likes