how do i slow the battery drain on my new phone; old model lasted at least 2 days
gigi43
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do i slow the battery drain on my new phone; old one lasted at least 2 days; this one doesn't get through a day.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i slow the battery drain on my new phone; old model lasted at least 2 days
Snn5
Legend

It's hard to really control the drain on a feature/basic phone.  You might perhaps need to let the battery discharge until it turns the phone off, then leave off and fully recharge.  Might take a few cycles of that until the battery "settles in."  I remember having to do that with my Nokia bricks through my Motorokr Z6m.  I still do that with my smartphones to this day.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do i slow the battery drain on my new phone; old model lasted at least 2 days
Snn5
Legend

What phone did you have and what phone did you just get?

gigi43
Enthusiast - Level 2

new one is lg cosmos 3; old one was an earlier model of same

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's hard to really control the drain on a feature/basic phone.  You might perhaps need to let the battery discharge until it turns the phone off, then leave off and fully recharge.  Might take a few cycles of that until the battery "settles in."  I remember having to do that with my Nokia bricks through my Motorokr Z6m.  I still do that with my smartphones to this day.

0 Likes
gigi43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I'm going to take your advice.