how to unlock this phone to use on another service
Jammerjonn

I have a LG VX 5400 about 12 yrs old. How do I unlock it to make it available to trac phone as a pre paid phone? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to unlock this phone to use on another service
deloused
Master - Level 3

That wouldn’t be possible, the LG VX 5400 is not locked or compatible to activate with Tracfone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jammerjonn,

It concerns me to hear you say trac phone. As @deoused mentioned, the device isn't locked but may not be available with that particular service. What concerns are you having that have you mention another carrier?

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jammerjonn

She only wants to use this as an emergency phone, doesn't make many cell calls nor surf the web or do texts. Trac phone has a pay as you go service but they need this phone unlocked.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

She could simply purchase a tracfone. They sell plenty for a low cost:

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tracfonestore/phones/f/price_50-less

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jammerjonn, thank you for the additional information about how the phone will be used. Here is a web page http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy that confirms the phone is not locked, but please refer to the “Please Note” section for information as to why Tracfone may be having issues with activating the phone. Tracfone would need to troubleshoot the activation and determine if this phone will work on their network. Tracfone’s ability to activate this phone will not be dependent on Verizon since the phone is not locked. We hope this information is beneficial.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes