lg extravert contact ringtones
jmic

I just got the lg extravert and they imported my contacts from my old phone into the extravert at the verizon store.  All of the contacts now have "acoustical guitar" as the ringtone, but I don't want to have a special ringtone for my contacts, I just want them to ring with the master ringtone.  Is there a way to globally change the ringtone selection for my contacts?  There are 100's and I don't want to do it manually.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg extravert contact ringtones
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use the menu key, select settings, Sound Settings, Ringtone - incoming call ringtone - set it to whatever you want.  If that doesn't change the default for all contacts, then I'm not sure where else to look.

0 Likes
FlamingoNut
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. 

FWIW, I already changed the "Incoming Call" setting to the ringtone I want all of my calls to use.  I hate the Acoustic Guitar, yet all of my contacts are set to that, even though my "Incoming Call" is set in Tools.  It seems like it doesn't matter what your initial setting is set for, it's going to override it with what is on the contact itself.  Which blows, period.

I really don't want to have to go into each contact and manually change it!

0 Likes
toscaskiss

I'm having the exact same issue, with acoustic guitar playing despite my having set a different tone in sound settings.  It's ridiculous to have to change it for every contact, one by one.  Why doesn't someone from Verizon answer this and fix the problem?

0 Likes
handset_junkie
Enthusiast - Level 3

jimic, I can see where you're coming from. It seems like the contact transfer may have messed with some of the software in the phone. The easiest and simplest solution I recommend is to backup your contacts and perform a master clear on phone.

1. Initialize Backup Assistant via Menu > Media Center > Apps > Backup Assistant

2. Setup a Pin

3. Begin the Backup

4.Once backup completes, enter Settings > Phone Settings > Security > Enter last 4 of phone (or lock code) > Select Restore Phone. Select OK.  > Enter last 4 of phone (or lock code)

5. Your phone is now reset factory default. You will need to manually dial *228 to reprogram your phone back to your number

6. Run backup assistant again and select restore and enter PIN

Now check your contacts, ringtone profile is default!

0 Likes