searching for service...????
auggie133

My daughters Octane phone says suddenly searching for service.  I looked on Verizon and everything is up to date(just to make sure)  What does this mean? Did the phone go bad.  HELP!!!!!  how can I get it to work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: searching for service...????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi auggie133,

Searching for service can be of concern when other phones have service available. It can mean that the phone has become deprogrammed or it can mean it just can't locate access to the towers. The first step is always to turn the phone off and back on to see if service returns. If this doesn't work more specific account steps would need to be taken. As they're individual to every account and the details you'd need aren't available here I ask that if the problem persists, please follow and direct message me (MariaC_VZW) the phone number to your daughters line so I can assist.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: searching for service...????
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

i would recommend trying *228 and then pressing option 1 if the phone has service again. This will reprogram the phone to verizons network. And if that doesnt work. Follow the instructions from Verizon Wireless Customer Support.

0 Likes