umbWhat is unlock code of an unactivated LG VN251 after a "Restore Phone" operation?
tr888

We got new pones, and I want to sell the old one.  My phone number was still appearing on the "name card" even after a Reset, so I went to the security menu and did a Restore Phone operation.  Now the original security code (last 4 digits of my phone number) no longer works and the screen says "Initial Programming needed!".  Is this phone now in a "blank slate" condition so that someone else could buy it and activate it and assign their Verizon mobile number to it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: umbWhat is unlock code of an unactivated LG VN251 after a "Restore Phone" operation?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes - "Initial programming needed" means the phone is not connected to any phone number, and is in the initial factory shipped state, no data on the phone, a blank slate, waiting to be activated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: umbWhat is unlock code of an unactivated LG VN251 after a "Restore Phone" operation?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes - "Initial programming needed" means the phone is not connected to any phone number, and is in the initial factory shipped state, no data on the phone, a blank slate, waiting to be activated.

0 Likes