what does "restricted" mean on an incoming call?
marmion

what does "restricted" mean on an incoming call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what does "restricted" mean on an incoming call?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It means that the caller has blocked, or "restricted" their number from your caller ID, so you will not know who is calling until you answer. You  can:

• Answer the call and see who it is
  • Let the call go to voicemail to see if whoever it is leaves a message
ronaq
Enthusiast - Level 1

Calls that are forwarded to my Galaxy S7 through our company phone system are all marked "restricted" regardless of who is calling.  This did not happen on my old Galaxy S4, which simply passed along the regular Caller ID information (either the incoming phone number or the contact name from my phone. Our company phone system settings have not been changed.  Is there a setting on my S7 that can fix this?  

0 Likes
tyson_g

It was also reported Galaxy S7 and S10 are having the 'restricted' call issue through Cisco Call Manager where it did not happen on their Galaxy S4 and no settings were changed on Call Manager.  I would suspect some setting on S7 or S10?  This is definitely interesting.

0 Likes
roadhvac

how to fix it would help tremendously. because I'm receiving calls from my contacts and there all saying restricted

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, roadhvac.

We understand you're experiencing a strange problem where your saved contacts are showing up as a restricted caller. This is certainly odd. Do you know if they have settings which hide their Caller ID? Is this happening with all calls or just some?
Please feel free to send us a Private Note for assistance.

*Celeste

0 Likes