I phone ringback tones
BigMick

I purchased ringback tone thru Verizon.  How do i get it on my Iphone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I phone ringback tones
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

That is correct . The Ring Back Tones you purchased online will not appear on your phone. However, you can manage them online via your My Verizon account. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The ringback tones won't physically be on your iPhone. They are only heard by callers as they wait for you to answer the phone or for it to go to voicemail.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

That is correct . The Ring Back Tones you purchased online will not appear on your phone. However, you can manage them online via your My Verizon account. 

Thanks

0 Likes
deborahgfan71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just told by a Verizon CSR that you cannot use the ringback tones with an iphone. 

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Hi I have ringback tones on my iPhone. I believe the CSR meant you could not manage or purchase them on the iPhone. I can purchase them and manage them from Verizonwireless.com but not from the iPhone.
0 Likes
deborahgfan71
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few days ago I changed my cell phone number. Somehow some spam companies in  africa and india got my number and was calling constantly to try to sell me stuff. I called verizon 4 times and spoke to 4 different CSR about the fact that my ringback tones didn't switch to my new number. The last CSR i spoke to yesterday told me that since you are using apple voice mail on the iphone you could not use ringback tones. He cancelled the ringback tones from my account. He told me to call apple and see if they offered a similar service. Today I decided to add the ringback tones to my account. What do you know it works. Its amazing to me that each of the 4 CSRs i spoke too each told me something different and none of it was the truth. I am very disappointed. But at least the ringback tones are working now.

0 Likes
mistoy

I'm confused, so can you or can't you get ringback tones with the iPhone?? If so, can do you have to go on line and purchase/down load or can it be done from your iPhone?

I currently have a blackberry, so I know where to find them on line. My friend has an iPhone and before I explain how to down load ringback tones, I want to make sure that you can get them on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance for any claification I can get..

0 Likes
deborahgfan71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can use ringback tones on the iphone. 

0 Likes
BC2010

then how do i get mine to work? i've dragged it to "my default" that didnt work so i dragged it to all the days in the week and all my contacts...help :[

0 Likes
PastorLyons

I've done the exact same thing without results.  Did you ever get a response to this problem?

0 Likes