Insurance wiil not replace white IPhone?
jdenn

My wife damaged her white IPhone this week and the insurance tells her that they can't replace it with another white IPhone. Only with a black version. They told her to go the the local Verizon store and see what they can do. If I am paying for insurance every month I expect them to be able to replace my phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insurance wiil not replace white IPhone?
Tidbits
Legend

They probably don't have any in stock... White for some reason has been a very popular color.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They probably don't have any in stock... White for some reason has been a very popular color.

0 Likes
jdenn

You are right. The rude lady on the phone didn't mention that Apple doesn't make the white anymore. Instead she sent my wife on a goose chase to the local Verizon stores who then told her that it was no longer being made. What a real headache this has been.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Apple stopped manufacturing 16GB and 32GB iPhones 4 with the introduction of the iPhone 4S.  Apple still makes an 8GB iPhone 4.  Since insurance offered a black version, I would assume that it is a refurbished device that they happened to have in stock for replacement.

0 Likes
azgr8gerandma

Try an Apple Store. Replaced my husband's broken iPhone there for less than insurance through Verizon. They may be more likely to have white refurbished ones available.

0 Likes
tomdc

FYI, I had a Blackberry Storm replaced by the insurance last summer. They send remanufactured phones that I believe showed a Philippines location. First phone wouldn't charge. The second one had a touch and click screen didn't work perfectly but I kept it anyway. A couple of weeks later I then received notices that I hadn't returned the old phones and was potentially liable for a non-return charge. They give you like 15 days to return it. I called noting that I'd returned both the original and first replacement phone. The representative was very polite and told me that it takes about 30 days for returns to be processed and entered into account records. In other words, 2 weeks beyond the point where they start hounding you for not returning the phone. She said she'd note it as returned. I commented that given the time periods, they must get calls constantly from people who have returned phones but still got non-return notices. Without explicitly saying so (they are monitored after all) it was clear that I was not the first person to call.

I will keep the insurance on my new iPhone for ~ 6-9 months after which I think putting $10 a month into your own fund makes a lot more sense. As the last poster points out, a refurbished phone at the store can often be cheaper anyway.

I assumed when I purchased the insurance that I would receive a new replacement phone. My bad for not reading the details, but refurbished phones are simply not the same as new.

0 Likes