Iphone 4s Unlock for International Carrier?
slucas20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, a coulpe years ago i bought this iphone 4s from a friend that used Verizon same i was using when i was in the US. But now i am currently living in another country and would like to unlocked to use where i am right now. Is that possible?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 4s Unlock for International Carrier?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi slucas20, we would be happy to work with you in getting this device unlocked. There are a few requirements that must be met, the most important of which is that the phone needs to be active on a Verizon Wireless account. Are you able to send this phone back to the U.S. and have a friend or family member activate it for you? Or perhaps, will you be in the country and can activate it then? If you can, then our Global Support team at 800-711-8300 can unlock that SIM for your global use. Thanks for looking into this possibility!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi slucas20, we would be happy to work with you in getting this device unlocked. There are a few requirements that must be met, the most important of which is that the phone needs to be active on a Verizon Wireless account. Are you able to send this phone back to the U.S. and have a friend or family member activate it for you? Or perhaps, will you be in the country and can activate it then? If you can, then our Global Support team at 800-711-8300 can unlock that SIM for your global use. Thanks for looking into this possibility!

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
gmbouah

Hi There. I would like to buy an Iphone 4s from a past Verizon subscriber who is now out of contract. I live in South Africa and want to use it on the Cell-C GSM-network. What is the procedure required to unlock the phone from Verizon?

Regards

Greg

0 Likes
akimov

I'm in Ukraine. Unlock is possible only after a phone call to the customer service? Is it possible to do it online? Please write an international number

0 Likes
Not applicable

Read the reply from the Verizon rep.

That is all the answers you both need.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly assist you with the Global Support number akimov! You can dial ( ) 1-908-559-4899

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
akimov

please tell me my actions after the call. Tell 1-800. . . I will call with Skype.

0 Likes
akimov

Hi ! Can you help me! How can  I registrate in Verizon if  I have no Verizon Sim Card? I'm in Ukraine 

Tue, 21 Oct 2014 05:29:24 -0700 от Elector <forums@verizonwireless.com>:

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>Iphone 4s Unlock for International Carrier? created by Elector in iPhone 4S - View the full discussion

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately this cannot be done.

That device is locked into Verizon wireless. No matter if you bought it anywhere else.

You have to be a present customer of Verizon Wireless. You registering for Verizon will do no good.

Verizon does not offer service in the Ukraine.

Best to buy a cell phone in your own country.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Rhernandez

i have been a verizon customer for several years, i bought a used inexpensive iphone 4s so i can take it to mexico to use a local sim in it. can i unlock it for international use without putting it on my account.the iphone 4s is out of contract.

0 Likes