data usage iPhone 5c
Brezy1013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a problem with my 2 iPhone 5c's.  Never had over usage problem until now.  With all the complaints that I see in this forum, I think it is time we get with the Attorney Generals office and file a class action lawsuit charging Verizon with fraudulent overcharges.  I hate that it has to come to this point, but when they actively promote a product that has a defect in programming that overcharges its customers, then they should be held accountable.  First thing Verizon should do is put out a commercial informing the public of their problem.  Second, they should contact all their customers that currently have or had an iPhone 5c and apologize for not handling this sooner!  Third, Verizon should offer rebates to these customers for any overcharge or inconvenience.  Next, Verizon should stop offering these phones until they have fixed the problem, as not to inconvenience any future customer.  Finally, until this bug is corrected, Verizon should offer a minimum 4 times the normal data usage on any wireless plan that has an iPhone 5c to prevent future overcharge.  This is how a company should act:  Customers are number one, and that Verizon stands behind their products and services!  This is the company that I used to know and love.

Labels (2)
Re: data usage iPhone 5c
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

What bug? My wife has a 5c and has no problems at all. Your data usage is what you do on cellular and for how long. Big users are videos, streaming music, movies and etc, email, Facebook and other things. The best thing is to stay on wifi as much as possible. I know many people with a 5c, and none complain about your issue. It's what you do. It's not Verizon or the 5c.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I have a 5c as well and have never had a data usage problem. All you have to do is go to Settings > Cellular and toggle off the things you don't want using data when you're not on a Wi-Fi network. It takes less than one minute.

0 Likes
oneilb83
Contributor - Level 1

As SydneyK said all you have to do is go to Settings > Celluar and toggle off the apps you don't want using data when you're not on Wi-Fi network. It only takes less than one minute to do.

0 Likes
easyeber2c

I have similar issue.  I understand turning off the cellular data stuff when not on a wifi network.  But what about data charges every 6 hours, even during the middle of the night, at my house, where I have wifi.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

One thing that could be are emails being pushed to your device at regular intervals. Mine come once per hour. It could be anything. It's just best to stay on wifi. As far as cellular usages shown while on wifi, that could be most anything. Weak wifi signals and etc. all this technology we use is not perfect.

0 Likes
priceplmbr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for a long time! I have never had any issues with them till now! I had 5 phones. 3 flip (Samsung Convoy) for my wife and my son and myself. 2 smart phones for my daughters (Iphone 4s and Samsung galaxy) all on a 2GB plan. RARELY had any overages, but if I did it, was with my daughters Samsung android. (which she paid for.)  2 weeks ago my wife finally upgraded to smart phones! I got the iphone 5c and she got the Droid Max. We upgraded the plan to the more everything blah blah blah thing and got 10GB of data. should have no problems with data now right? WRONG! After 14 days I have used 5GB!!!! of data between the 4!!! of us (Daughter with iphone 4s went on her boyfriends plan). 1.5 GB with Samsung, .25GB with the Droid and the rest of the data is with the iphone 5c!!!!!!!!!!! Been told all the same things everyone else has been told by these clowns at VERIZON. (Paid for smart phones so I can turn off the smart?) So first chance I get I will join all the other unhappy customers and go elsewhere. But I do think the suggestion of filing a complaint with the BBB, FCC, CPA, and the Michigan Attorney Generals Office is an excellent option to take these criminals to task for stealing excessive overage $$$$$ from loyal customers and playing dumb about not being able to fix it!!!!

isavant01

"emails being pushed to your device" ???  Really?  do you understand how email works?  the email server magically reaches out to your device periodically to "push" email to it?  Not.

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. I hope we can resolve this issue somehow. One thing that I have seen or read on these various Verizon Support Community Forums is that it deals with nearly always with the iPhone 5c smartphone. It seem to be a common thread that long time iPhone users here do not or did not have this issue, until that they got the iPhone 5c.

2. While shopping around for our first smartphones, I read somewhere that when Verizon down grade a smartphone from a "Pay-Though-Your-Nose Price" status, to a "Free (If You Commit to a Two Year Contract)" status, the phone are of an older model with a lesser capability. Off hand we did not have any issue with this. These were to be our first smartphones, and we were willing to learn via trial and error. But the difference between our two difference smartphones are like night and day.

3. In which case, my wife told me to research the Verizon Support Community Forums for answers to our questions, and ask for advice in how to deal with any problems we might have. In which case, my wife's iPhone 5c was similar to our iPad and MacBook. So I did not brainwork that I would have much trouble with her iPhone. Yet it has turn out that I was mistaken. And my wife was sold on getting an iPhone no matter what. In which case, she is expecting me to come up with all the answers/solutions she requires. In the end, she is disappointed with me not being able to help her keep her data usage under control.

4. When my wife was having me to research or shop around for our smartphones, she had a hard time understanding why it cost so much. But the biggest issue she had was with us having to pay for the required data usage. So I finally was able to get her to agree to the "4 GB" allotment. But at the rate of data usage which her iPhone 5c is using we will be going over the "4 GB" allowance. In which case, I have told her that we may need to the "6 GB" allowance before our billing cycle ends. This when over like a ton of bricks with her. Therefore, I was then ordered to double my efforts to find a solution instead.

0 Likes