How do i unlock iPhone 6
akim95

I bought the iPhone 6 Plus in the US. Now I am planning to use it in Russia. Please tell me how can I unlock the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i unlock iPhone 6
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Your iPhone 6 Plus is already unlocked (assuming it's a Verizon iPhone 6).

akim95

Installation SIM card with the Russian carrier, the iphone says that it is necessary to insert the sim card verizon or unlock request from the carrier. here is the information from the pay-checker.

Model: iPhone 6 MM 16GB GRAY

Initial Carrier: US Verizon N94/N92A Multi-Mode Commercial Service UMTS VF NL Locked Policy

Initial Activation Policy: 2320 - US GSM/VZW N61/N56 Service Policy

Applied Activation Policy: 2320 - US GSM/VZW N61/N56 Service Policy

Next Tether Activation Policy: 2320 - US GSM/VZW N61/N56 Service Policy

SIM Lock: Locked

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

When you bought it did you buy it from Verizon?  Did you pay full retail or complete a Device Payment Plan? Or did you leave still owing money on it? Did you buy it from an individual (and if so is it possible they still owed money on it)? Also...was this phone a prepay device or a post pay device? If you look at the following link you will see info on Verizon's unlocking policy and will note that 4G devices are not locked (postpay) and prepaid devices may be locked under the circumstances shown in the link for 1 year after purchase date...after which they will provide you with the instructions to unlock when you contact them via *611 or calling the number shown. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This phone is a from a bad batch of refurbished replacement phones that shipped with the wrong policy.  Only Apple can fix it, if you find someone who knows what Happened.  Do a Google search (US) for N61 locked policy

0 Likes