iphone/imessage sync
jpa3750

when i have access to my windows laptop, i prefer texting from the verizon app. however, some replies only go to my iphone. i'd like to receive all replies in both places.

any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone/imessage sync
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to disassociate your email address from the iMessages and turn off iMessages so anyone will an iPhone will only be able to send you messages as SMS or MMS messages instead of iMessages.

The messages received on the phone as iMessages are noted in a different color compared to straight text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are the replies that don't get to the desktop app from specific make/model phones?  Do you know what messaging app those repliers are using?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jpa3750

using iphone. the replies that don't arrive on my laptop verizon app probably are from other iphone users using imessage. i have tried with imessage both on and off with no success.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I guess the question for Verizon tech support would be 'What Is the Windows desktop Message+ app's compatibility with Apple's iMessaging?'

0 Likes
jpa3750

Thanks for your help.

Verizon support barely qualifies as support. I can continue to work around it until i/they/apple figure it out. I don’t know why my every tech issue is a case of first impression when I get to support.

By the way, I lived the first 32 years of my life in mt. prospect.

john

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably need to disassociate your email address from the iMessages and turn off iMessages so anyone will an iPhone will only be able to send you messages as SMS or MMS messages instead of iMessages.

The messages received on the phone as iMessages are noted in a different color compared to straight text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I absolutely understand the convenience of being able to receive all of your messages in multiple places, Jpa3750. I appreciate the details you've shared so far.  I would recommend ensuring iMessage is turned off to prevent iPhone to iPhone messaging associated with your Apple ID. You mentioned using the Verizon App on your laptop for this purpose. Are you also using the Messages+ app on your iPhone as well? Are the messages that are only coming to your iPhone consistently from the same numbers, and do they ever deliver to the app on your computer?

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jpa3750

The one device messages appear to come primarily from iphones. I am reasonably certain they you imessage and are not going to stop for me.

Any further thoughts?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I think they mean turning iMessages off on YOUR phone so it isn't advertising it supports it.  That way, all messages coming to you 'should' work on all devices.

0 Likes
jpa3750

I do have imessage turned off on my phone.

0 Likes