Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,370 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Need to connect to the Verizon network from the Canada side of Alberta, Canada border.
ascaplan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am in Canada for a project for the next few months, and due to COVID I am not traveling back to the US until it's done.  I recently updated my phone to a 5G capable device, which apparently can't use the same SIM as my last device.  I have my new SIM from Verizon (forwarded to me), but I'm told by tech support that I can't activate unless I'm actually on the Verizon network.  I am less than 3 hours from the border, and I plan to head South in the next few days to try my luck in the parking lot of the Carway border station (Carway, AB T0K 1Y0)

Question is: Does anyone live near the Carway border, or have any insight into Verizon coverage in that area?  I'd like to know that I can grab a Verizon signal without having to actually cross.

Also, if you know of any other locations around there that have some Verizon signal, that would be great to know.  Thanks!

Adam

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic