Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,594 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Trade-In Credit Issue
Brett13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good day,

On January 14th, 2021, I received confirmation on a Trade-in of my Samsung S9+ for the amount of $439.99 after purchasing a new IPhone 12 at full cost. After 3 months, I still had not received my monthly billing credit. Credit was supposed to be $18.33 for 24 months off my account's bill. I spent hours with phone support, online chat support and Trade-in people attempting to get this credit applied. Every time I contacted Verizon (over 5 times) they informed me that they were escalating and that the issue would be resolved within a week. Today, on 15 April, 2021, a full three months after Verizon accepted my Trade-in, I was informed that this promo was only if I was making payments on the new IPhone 12 I purchased through Verizon. I paid for the new IPhone in full and unfortunately I would not be getting the Trade-in value as was stated. All Verizon offered was $92 instead of the $439.99 that was promised. This was very misleading and I am extremely unhappy with Verizon. Every single time I called or was in online chat with a Verizon rep, I was promised this would be taken care of. $92 is a far cry from $439.99. What it boils down to is I should have been told that I needed to have monthly payments by the sales rep who sold me the new IPhone to get this Trade-In promotion and was not!  Further, Verizon should NOT have accepted my Trade-In in the first place knowing that I paid in full for the new phone.  I don't expect to see this rectified, I just wanted put this out there in case others are possibly wanting to Trade-in your phone while buying a new phone outright through Verizon without a payment plan that Verizon obviously wants you to have when buying a phone through them.

Who I have the same questioned this topic