Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,997 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

2021 Severe Service Degradation
dhodges45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Beginning in January 2021, I noticed an abrupt change in my normally-reliable cellular data and even voice signal. It took a complete nosedive. I’ve relentlessly pursued  answers. I’ve begged for solutions. I filed an FCC complaint, took it to the media and was interviewed on the 6:00 news, was eventually contacted by Latayo C in Verizon’s executive relations department, and finally brushed off (basically).  I was told that whatever issues existed (though Latayo was careful not to admit there were any) are proprietary, and they’re not obliged to divulge that info to paying customers. I was assured that the issues (which may or may not have existed) had been resolved, and my case was closed. March 29, 2021.  

It is nearly June now. Not only are the obvious service degradation issues NOT resolved, they are worse. Since the time I spoke to Latayo on the phone, I’ve discovered large dead zones in my area which did not exist before. Our download and upload speeds are abysmal. Calls that never dropped in the past are now dropping. There’s frequent breaking-up as well; again, I did not have these problems previously. This began in earnest in January 2021.  

*Tell the truth.* This is an ongoing issue. And upon further research, I now realize that it’s not isolated to just my area. Verizon has a nationwide service degradation problem; yet I have yet to find anything, ANYWHERE, which properly and completely addresses customers’ questions and concerns. 

What happened or is happening?  Is this an infrastructure issue?  When can we expect a return to our previously-solid service?  

If an “executive relations agent” cannot provide proper resolution, who can?  Why was her first answer “no” when I asked for my past several bills to be prorated according to the data I was able to access vs my average usage (prior to 1/21)?  Why is someone at her level “unable” to provide me with my past data usage? Why did I have to insist that I shouldn’t be forced to pay for a service which Verizon failed to render? And further, why was I told that the issue was resolved?  

One final question: Latayo indicated to me on our phone call that our address is in a marginal coverage area. When did that happen?  Nothing has changed here. We have no new foliage. No freshly-erupted hills or mountains. No new skyscrapers. Our house didn’t pick up and move to an extremely high elevation, nor a low one. I want the actual truth, and then I would like a re-negotiated contract to reflect the current level of service we are getting. I would like to pay the fair market value for what basically amounts to dial-up speeds, rather than paying for 5G UW, which isn’t even available in our rural area. 

Who I have the same questioned this topic