Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,194 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Not getting 2FA text messages
nhinton93
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

About a week ago I switched from ATT to verizon. I went from the iphone 11 pro to the iphone 13 pro.

All my calls and texts are fine and everything is working as it should except 1 issue.  I am unable to receive any text messages for 2 factor authentication.

When i got my new phone i started to log back into all my social media/movie/etc accounts. Some of them required a text message with 2 factor authentication code. I am not receiving any of these texts. I know this has nothing to do with these accounts as I have double checked on my computer and the phone # is correct.

I have called verizon twice and I've done all the basic troubleshooting. Ive reset network settings, power cycled phone, airplane mode, all that jargon. I was on the phone with tech support and he did some network troubleshooting and resynced me with the network as well. Still, nothing.

I don't know all the Short Code numbers that should be sending me the the 2FA text messages, but I'm assuming there's something not quite enabled on my account or something. Posting here as a last resort.

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic