Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,919 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Service outage in Windham NY for 4 Days!
mkenny4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are we, as customers, all so stupid!

I am located roughly 5 miles from the tower at the top of Windham Mountain in New York State. Since last Friday, there has been no service. Period. Numerous calls to customer service have been made, by myself, my wife, friends and businesses in town. Each time someone calls, the customer service person indicates that NO ONE ELSE HAS REPORTED A PROBLEM and then wants to diagnose your mobile device in order to fulfill a service ticket. Keep in mind, there are roughly 20,000 weekend skiers from NYC, NJ and CT. Most tent to be pretty assertive, so to suggest that NO ONE called in is more than misinformation, it is bordering on outright FRAUD. Naturally, promises of escalation go unfulfilled.

While I am generally satisfied with service when it is working, I find Verizon's ability to be forthright when dealing with outages is the worst in the industry. Rather then provide their users with the ability to report outages via WiFi or land line and provide customer service the ability to acknowledge issues or an outage by having access tower statuses, they turn a simple inconvenience into a public relations nightmare.

At this point I am honestly so !@#$%^& damn angry with these folks. Customer service is not to blame directly, but they sure could be more informative and forthright by having access to meaningful data.

Verizon as an organization is to blame. By design, they intentionally compartmentalizes these types of problems to obfuscate their knowledge of the situation from their customers. Funny how the sales people can find a phone ANYWHERE within a minute or two, have it registered and sent FedEx'ed in a matter of minutes, but they cannot figure out whether there is a service outage for 4 days! I guess they really think we are stupid.

Did I hear, StraightTalk calling?

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic