Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,779 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Upgrade Fee
mikes7324

Hello Verizon,

I just signed up for a new 2 year contract. I have been a customer for many, many years and have always paid my bills in a timely manor. I have given plenty of feedback to each and every customer representative I have spoken to over the past month on your "Upgrade" fee of 30 dollars for purchasing a new phone as well as a new Two year contract.

Over the course of a two year contract, I am paying you 2800.00 dollars, plus additional fees at times for extra usage, so close to 3000.00 dollars in total fees.

The fact that you charge returning customers an upgrade fee is a slap in the face. A "new" customer coming from another carrier does not get an upgrade fee and can purchase a new phone for the same price, with a two year contract, as an existing customer. But existing customers get an "extra" 30 dollar fee for what?

I have zero reception at my home, so I had to purchase a 250 dollar cell tower booster to get reception from your network. The only reason I didn't switch companies is because of the cost of this tower. But the cost of this tower is just another example of a fee on my end that I need to pay to have good service. And is another reason I get ticked off about additional fees, like an upgrade fee.

Can you please tell me why you penalize a returning customer with this fee but not a new customer? Can you also tell me what this fee is for?

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic