Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,988 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why can I only block five numbers?
nei1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We can block up to five numbers on the "block-creation" webpage, which I use to block scam-telemarketers.  However, the blocks that are used against telemarketing numbers "expire."

Why doesn’t the expiration date Update when I re-visit the "block-creation" webpage, or at least when I add a new number to it?  I just added another scam-telemarketer-number, today's date is March 21, and the "block-creation" webpage still says the blocks will expire on April 19, less than 30 days away.  Apparently, additional scam-telmarketing blocks do not get the full 90 days promised by the directions on the "block-creation" webpage.  Must I set an alarm for April 19 to remind myself to re-activate these blocks?

Why must Verizon limit the number of scam-telemarketing numbers I may block to “five?”  Does Verizon promise that I won't be bothered by more than 5 numbers?  If that is a promise, then you broke your promise; sorry.

Why must Verizon allow blocks on scam-telemarketers to “expire?”  Doesn't that provide an advantage for scam-telemarketers and a disadvantage for your customers?

I would like to see an exceptional augmentation of scam-telemarketing protection for VZW customers.

Assuming telemarketing-scams are illegal, can Verizon use more of their vast resources to help law enforcement act against telemarketers?  For instance, the first step might be that when a customer blocks a phone number, there could be a check-box for the customer to confirm and red-flag that the number being blocked is a scam-telemarketer.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic