Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,727 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Dropped calls and failure to respond by verizon
luckydragon13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon subscriber for over 10 years.  I live in Garden City, KS.  The service used to be Alltel.  Service was pretty good before Verizon purchased it.  Every since Verizon has taken over the service has gotten really sorry.  The current problem started about 5 weeks ago.  Service is so bad it is unusable.  Calls are dropped during dialing, and within 30 seconds of answering.  Phone commes back and tells me I am out of the service area or No network available.  I have contacted tech support twice and was told that they have a tower they are having problems with.  I have tried emailing customer service and get absolutely no service or response from them.  I have contacted corporate 3 times and no response.  I was promised that I would get a callback on two occasions, which did not happen and no answer on the third call, voice mail on which I left a message with no call back.  I have filed a complaint with the FCC and two complaints with the BBB and still no response from Verizon.

I would also like to note that my wife has the same kind of phone that I do, Samsung Galaxy Nexus with the same problem.  We live within a mile of the local tower.  My reception when I get it averages around -90dbm.  I get a maximum of 2 bars when I get service and you can watch the indicator and it jumps from 2 bars to completely blank, back to 3G then sometimes back to 4G for a short time before completely losing signal.

Is this Verizon's way of getting rid of customers?  They will certainly not get any recommendations from me and it is doubtful if my service will be renewed since they apparently don't give a &^*&^*&^ about their customers.

Has anyone else had this kind of LACK of service from Verizon?

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic