Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,453 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why can't I maintain a signal on my Note 4?
thisbouquet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded from my trusty Note 2 to a brand new Note 4 on Saturday, and I've been having lots of issue with signal loss.

The main issue is with dead zones. Normally, if you go through a dead zone, your phone will show that it does not have a signal, but it will keep searching for one until you are out of that location and the signal comes back on its own. However, with my phone, if I enter a dead zone, the signal never comes back until i restart my phone. Unfortunately, I drive through one of these every time I leave my house - it's only about 100 feet and then I should have a very low signal strength for about a mile, then it should return to full strength. Instead, the bars and the 4G LTE symbol go away and it's just a greyed out triangle (without the signal bars) and a little grey x over the top of it. It also asks me if I want to switch to Global mode, but it doesn't matter if I say yes or no, the signal doesn't come back until I restart. I have also tried turning the mobile data off for a minute then back on, but that doesn't work. Neither does turning airplane mode on and then off (both things I have used in the past with previous phones to get them to reconnect).

These are the things I have tried:

Hard Reset on the phone

Removing all apps that did not come installed on the phone

Verizon replaced the sim card

Other than this, I don't have any other issues with the phone. I want to keep the phone if at all possible, because when I upgraded I was placed on the Verizon Edge plan and I didn't realize that even if I swapped this phone in within the 2 week period you have to change your mind when you get a new phone, that that would count as my "edge up" . I will if I have to, but I'm hoping it's a setting that I just need to tweak.I did find a few others with the same issues, and they were attributing it to the Lollipop update, but their issues haven't been resolved either.

Here's some additional info:

Android version 5.0.1

Mobile network: LTE /CDMA

Data Roaming Access: Allow access for all trips

What can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic