Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,734 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

How was so much data used at one time?
sjdenton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suddenly discovered on 1/31/16 at 12:23 PM my son's iPhone 6 used 3.01 GB of data.  Over the past 5 months the most data he used at any one moment was .27 GB.  He is 12 yrs old and I have restrictions on his iPhone so he cannot download any apps or make purchases.  He plays the same games he always plays and listens to Pandora.  The last time I purchased and downloaded a game was in November so he has no new games.  At 12:23 PM on 1/31/16 he was eating lunch at home with my wife before going to rock band practice.  We use WiFi when at home.  The Verizon rep and the rep supervisor could not explain the sudden one time event where he used 10X the amount of data - they gave standard responses that maybe he was gaming a lot or listening a lot to Pandora - neither can explain a 10X jump in data usage.  I listen to Pandora all the time and my usage for the month never goes over 1.5 GB.

There has to be something really wrong somewhere to use 3.01 GB at one time.  Any suggestions/culprits?  I am open to ideas/suggestions.  Below is the data for the 30 events with the highest usage for the past 5 months.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic