How do I disable voicemail?
mmmary1994
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I disable voicemail from a device from Verizon online?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable voicemail from device?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if you can; voicemail is included as part of your service.  To disable it, I believe you need to call customer service and have them do it.  800-922-0204, or *611 from your cell phone - choose option 4, then say "Agent" at the prompt for the reason for your call.  That should get you to a live person in a couple of minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think you can disable online. You can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your VZW phone and ask them to disable the voicemail feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if you can; voicemail is included as part of your service.  To disable it, I believe you need to call customer service and have them do it.  800-922-0204, or *611 from your cell phone - choose option 4, then say "Agent" at the prompt for the reason for your call.  That should get you to a live person in a couple of minutes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is a brand new line, I have heard if you never setup the voicemail in the first few months of service the voicemail feature is automatically dropped. This information is several years old so I would verify its validity.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voice mail is a great feature that we provide our customers to stay informed for missed messages. May I ask what's the reason for wanting voice mail removed? What model device do you have?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mmmary1994
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is not a new line. It's my 82 year old fathers phone which he won't learn to use voicemail. Family members leave messages and he never listens to it so if there is a way to make disable voicemail then at least people won't leave a message thinking he's listening to them. Thanks for the suggestions. I will call customer service.

RAKnill
Enthusiast - Level 1

It should be a matter of me checking off a checkbox on a screen form. 

I should not have to talk to anyone for something like this.