Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Sonim XP3plus Availability
Dumphones

I noticed Verizon is now stocking the Sonim XP3plus for Business but the consumer page link (https://www.verizon.com/basic-phones/sonim-xp3-plus/) is now showing "no longer available" even though this is a brand new phone. 

Is this device going to be strictly limited to Business (https://www.verizon.com/business/products/devices/basic-phones/sonim-xp3-plus) and not available for consumer purchase (ie prepaid/postpaid Verizon accounts)? 

This would be an excellent direct competitor to the already very good Kyocera DuraXV Extreme. One that I would love to try, but am not able to order other than from T-Mobile who has it available and in stock for all. 

Thanks! 

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Sonim XP3plus Availability
mfstanton

There are so many things that make this phone a bad choice. I bought it less than a month ago and it's already not available on the Support site. 

0 Likes
Dumphones

Curious mfstanton, what issues have you had with your XP3plus? I eventually went with the Sunbeam F1 for a while but eventually made my way back to my old iPhone as the F1 lacks VoWiFi on Verizon specifically, and I require it due to my location and lack of consistent LTE coverage. Was still keeping an eye on the XP3plus after having the DuraXV Extreme which worked well but had a few shortcomings software wise that were annoying. Curious to hear your insight as an owner. Thanks! 

Also to Verizon - still curious why it’s only available to businesses customers and not the general public. Might just have to wait until it’s available factory unlocked elsewhere? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate your feedback. We will make sure that it is lifted up. At this time, we don't have a reason to share as to why it is not available to the general public. -Rosie

0 Likes
LDKD

If I bought a Sonim XP3Plus unlocked will it work on a personal prepaid plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey, LDKD. 

This is a great question! We can not guarantee that a device purchased from a third party would work due to not being able to tell if it's unlocked until you place a Verizon SIM Card in the device.
However, you can check to see if the device model itself would be compatible with our network by entering the IMEI number here: https://www.verizon.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/selectDeviceType .

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Note.

*Celeste

0 Likes