BB Curve 8330
udderdelights

Need help.   Had a 8330 for a year.  Loved it.  However had roller ball quit working, roller ball got replaced by local VZ store, ,twice within month.  November I was sent another 8330 ("CERTIFIED" ,yeah right), out of box several of keys didn't work.   Had another sent - out of box same thing, several keys didn't work.  What happened to quality control???  I have had 4 8330's sent to me in 2 months  - all with nonfunctioning keys. 

Finally had tech support send me 9650 BOLD last week.  Worked for 1 day before optical mouse quit functioning AND the "U" key didn't work without hitting the key 3-4 times.   SPoke to tech support again, of course, now sending me LG Ally. 

Would someone like to give me your thoughts as to what I am going to be dealing with re: features and functionality since I have been a longstanding BB user and lover.?  The reviews on VZ website aren't glowing to say the least.   Is this another phone that I am going to be returning and showing hostility towards a customer service representative?

Has anybody else have problems with the "CERTIFIED" preown stuff or am I the unluckiest soul out there?

0 Likes
Re: BB Curve 8330
SiSiLaLa

I just got a replacement certified curve & it sucks. I was told I was getting a new curve . I got a certified one instead. I can't text, take pics or play games. According to the news on channel 5 if you are in good standing with your cell phone carrier they are suppose to supply you with a new phone . Plus my phone is under warranty & insured yet I am not getting a good phone. I don't understand this . Verizon is suppose to be #1?

0 Likes
SiSiLaLa

I pay for a new phone. A certified phone is a used phone. Obviously its a phone with a problem. Am I the only one who feels if your phone has a problem you should get a new phone if you need to replace it...

0 Likes
SiSiLaLa

When I called Tech support on my curve the guy said the Blackberry's are out of style. There on there way out. I loved my first curve . This certified phone I don't like it at all.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

OP, did you get your Ally, and is it working as you'd hoped? It's a learning curve going from BB to Android.

SiSiLaLa, that tech support person you talked to is misinformed. Granted, I don't buy a phone because it's "in style," but there will always be a place for BlackBerry. It's the most secure, the best at e-mail, and BB Messenger can't be beat by IM clients on other platforms, IMO.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless provides customers with a certified like-new wireless device identical to the one the customer has in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas.

Certified like-new wireless devices pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements. Since these devices have the latest software version, they often perform better than the device currently being used. 

Thanks

JohnB

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the input everyone. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your replacement devices. Listed below is additional information about our warranty replacement. 

Your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless will trouble-shoot your equipment issues for resolution first either by phone or store location. If we decide that replacing your phone is the best option after in depth troubleshooting, we will provide you with a certified like-new wireless device (Not a New Device) identical to the one you have in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas.

Certified like-new wireless devices pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements. Since these devices have the latest software version, they often perform better than the device currently being used. A battery will not be included, so please retain the battery from your defective device. No extension of your Customer Agreement will be required.

Additionally, if you purchase a new device you have a 14day worry free guarantee that allow the return of that phone for a new device. The Worry free guarantee also does not cover physical or water damage. 

If you are continuing to have issues with your replacement device, we will need to speak with you from an alternate phone for additional troubleshooting. You may call Customer Service from an alternate phone at 800-922-0204. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I've only had one experience with the certified pre-owned BB. When got my first 8330 in Aug 2009 it had a problem with it randomly rebooting. I called CS they had me try reloading the OS then reloading the OS without 3rd party apps and it still rebooted on its own. They sent me a certified preowned 8330. I looked at it because I was skeptical, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. It looked like a brand new BB. It worked flawlessly for 18 months. I then got a Tour and gave the 8330 to my son.

0 Likes
rickyrelaxo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazing how Verizon is not getting the new line of Blackberry's that are awesome like the Torch. Seems they only want to cash in on the battery draining Androids that are garbage and the iphone toys. next month they will be trying to push the next gimicks.

0 Likes