Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB Curve No 1EV connection
sunseeker4126
I have had constant problems with my BB Curve. I get no email or connectivity to the Internet. The 1EV is missing. I call tech support and we do the same things each time. Pull the battery, hard reboot, soft reboot, upgrade software, blah, blah. After several months of this I received a new BB Curve. As of today I have had no email Sunday, July 12th at 10:27 am. None of our Verizon phones work in the house. If I don't want to spend an hour sitting on my porch in 90 degree heat talking to the Verizon tech I can sometimes pull the battery and make it work. Why should I have to do this? I am paying for a data plan and much of the time I have no data! I rely on this phone for email, calendar, Internet which I why I got it. If there is no permanent fix for this problem, what other phone provides the same capabilities as the BB (don't want Storm)? Would I have the same issues with another phone? Is it a BB software problem or is it a Verizon technical anomaly? None of the techs I've talked to seem to have a permanent fix or can actually articulate the problem.
0 Likes
Re: BB Curve No 1EV connection
Brothergrim
I assuming you can make voice calls.  And are you in a verizon area or exteneded network. If you are in the Verizon area. Call tech have them check your area and have them file a tt. Period.
0 Likes
sunseeker4126

I am supposed to be in a Verizon area. There is a tower less than 2 miles away although I don't know whose tower it is. One tech told me it didn't matter whose tower, the phone would pick up the signal and do what it is supposed to do. I don't think I'm on the extended network? I have no problems with voice calls although none of our Verizon phones work in our house. Yet my neighbors with AT&T phones can use their phones in their homes. We thought about switching to AT&T but I'm sure they'd charge us all sorts of connection fees, etc. We are on the every 2 upgrade plan with Verizon with one year to go. I've asked each tech I've talked with to take my problem to a higher authority for resolution. They've just said there is nothing they can do. Generally we've been happy with our Verizon coverage when we RV, but I am extremely unhappy with this data service stuff. What is a tt anyway?

Thanks for answering!

0 Likes
BrackBelly

If it's any comfort, I'm having a similar issue.... But no phone service either. I'm in a major metro area. When I pull the battery it works for a few hours or even maybe a day.  I've asked Verizon to install a signal booster and we're still waiting on this. I feel confident that they will make it right... I've been a customer since 1991. (yes I had a brick phone... 6 hours of standby, 40 minutes of talk.) But it had 3 watts of power and never ever dropped a call. Go figure. But I've been through several levels of tech service all claiming it is my coverage area. I thought Chicago was well celled. I may have to go back to my evil Sprint phone.

0 Likes