BlackBerry Curve as Modem
mapkar

So I have a BlackBerry Curve, it's a great phone, but it seems to be nearly useless for the internet. I've got the "Unlimited" data plan and at most 30MB/Month is used. Since it has this amazing plan of 5GB/Month, why can't I use it with my Macbook Pro as a modem? I suppose the real question should be, do they charge a huge fee for this? If they do, why does it cost MORE money than it already does to use the same data plan I ALREADY have?

0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Curve as Modem
halbeart

Since you are using a BlackBerry® device which is an Advanced Device, i have no clue on how much extra the cost will be. The pricing for Mobile Broadband with BlackBerry Email & Web plan is a charge of $30.00 that is added to your monthly billing cycle in addition to the email and web for blackberry. 

Also a tip for you. If you have the BlackBerry® Unlimited data plan, this is not needed for you unless you work for a company that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, and your company has provided you with Enterprise Activation instructions or information. Use the Email & Web for BlackBerry® if your using email and other data services for your own personal use. Both plans have unlimited data no matter what since your BlackBerry® uses many KB monthly. But only get the unlimited data or whatever it is if your company provides you information for enterprise activation to their BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.

If you wish to subscribe to the 5GB mobile broadband please contact your local Verizon Wireless retail store, or contact customer support 1-800-922-0204 from a landline phone, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

• Mobile Broadband Connect 5GB Plan for BlackBerry® Email & Web - $30.00 additional charge to your next monthly statement

• Mobile Broadband Connect 5GB plan for BlackBerry® Unlimited Connect Data (Required to activate with a corporate BlackBerry® Enterprise Server) - $15.00 additional charge to monthly statement 

0 Likes