Have had same problem. Have spent over three hours on the phone with tech reps who keep telling me everything shows in their system to be working. One guy told me it had to be everyone elses phones. I have even replaced my BB 8530 after they said it was bad, but have same problem. Still no solution after speaking to tier 1 and tier 2. Waiting for a supervisor to call me back now.
I am having the same problem and I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service and he couldn't even see that I was sending out text messages on their server. My problem is that it is showing me that the text goes through but nobody is receiving them on their end. The only people I am having problems with is other Verizon customers, AT&T and T Mobile customers are receiving my messages just fine. He sent my problem through to there engineering department and said that they would look at it ASAP and get back to me if and when they get it figured out.
Has anyone figured this out. My daughters phone was perfectly fine last night. Updated the software when she got home and no texts in or out from anyone. Went to Verizon store they checked it out and couldn't find anything wrong. Then they cleaned it out, rebooted etc. Now she can only text Verizon to Verizon but to no other carrier. Her friend is having the same problem after updating her software. They went to Verizon together and because they are teens I don't think they were taken seriously....Obviously there is an issue if others have had it since updating their software....PLEASE PLEASE HELP. this phone is only about three weeks old and her friends is only 10 days old. I will not pay a restocking fee for a different phone.
Hello to all,
We think we were just given the solution to the text and software update problems we all seem to be having. My daughter's friend was told to remove all the number "1"'s from the beginning of all contacts area codes and phone numbers. Since we have done this....she can send and receive texts to all. Try it and see if it works for you. Otherwise they will replace her phone since it is still within the 30 days.
The 1 before the number did not make a difference on my phone. I have spent over four hours on the phone with customer service reps, tier 2 reps, and supervisors. I think they thought I was crazy because their system said the texts were going through. I assured them that they weren't. They said my phone was bad, so since mine wasn't under warranty I purchased yet another 8530 and now have the same problem. Then they told me everyone else's phone was messed up and I needed to have one of them call so they could troubleshoot their phone. The problem was always solved when they activated another phone with my number. Finally I told them to drop my blackberry. They are taking the phone back under the 30 day no worry guaranty. I spoke to a supervisor today who wanted me to figure out what phone I wanted next and call him right back. I called back immediately and left him a voicemail telling him my choices and asked him to call me back confirm. Now it is almost 6 hours later and know nothing more.
I actually ended up getting a Droid Incredible. I do hope that they figure out this BB issue since that is my backup phone. I never heard back from tech support but I'm wondering if that is because they see that I changed my phone. It def has to be a phone issue since I am not having the issue with my Droid.
I have been monitoring this ongoing problem with the latest OS update for the Curve 2 8530, OS 18.104.22.1686. There seems to be some serious problems with this release and I would recommending NOT to download and install this release, at least until a fix has been issued. If you upgraded and are having problems, one fix you can do is to revert back to the earlier release which was 22.214.171.1244. The file can be downloaded to your PC at http://appstore.vzw.com.edgesuite.net/download/firmware/BB8530MR2/8530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1266_PL4.2.0....
If you have never downgraded your OS, here are a few quick tips on how to do it. Doing this will solve the problem, but you might lose any data you have on your phone, such as contacts, etc. Backup your personal data with Blackberry Desktop Manager right now. Here are some steps to take to downgrade...
How to Downgrade Your Blackberry OS
1. Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM) installed on your computer. You can download it for free at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/ for PC or Mac.
2. Download the OS you wish to downgrade to and install that file on your computer. It will integrate with BDM.
3. Backup your contacts, settings, and personal files on your Blackberry with BDM. This will save you from losing your contact list and other personal information.
4. To begin the downgrade process, start BDM with your Blackberry attached to your computer via the supplied cable.
5. Once BDM has started and you are at the main screen, click on Application Loader and then Update Software.
6. After the BDM reads information from your Blackberry, you will be presented with a list of available updates. Select the version you wish to install by checking the box next to the version and click Next.
7. After the BDM reads your device, the process will start. Once started, follow the prompts and do not unplug your device or the installation will become corrupted. The process will take 25-30 minutes to complete. When the installation is complete, you will receive a message from BDM stating so.
8. You may have to reinstall some programs such as Blackberry App World, special themes, or games you purchased. If you backed up your device, you can now allow BDM to restore your files.
9. To restore files and settings, go to the main screen on BDM and select Backup and Restore and then select Restore.
10. You will be prompted for the backup file from earlier, which by default has the date in the name of the file. Once completed you will be shown a message stating it is complete.
If any of you have problems along the way, feel free to send me a private message here in the forums and I will be glad to assist you. I hope this helps some of you and at least get your BB back into a "normal" state for which you can use your device.