Blackberry Curve - Shuts Off & Restarts Itself
melr

I've had the BB Curve for almost a year now and I've noticed that recently it takes it upon itself to shut off and restart itself when I'm in the middle of a call..text..browsing my pics..or using any program such as email or Facebook. It did it a few times in the beginning but I didnt think much of it, but now it happens almost 3x a day. It's very annoying. It also freezes CONSTANTLY even if I'm not doing anything on it except trying to dial a number.

I went to the Verizon store today to find out why. Which was a waste of 45 minutes. I recently got a notification to update my system (TODAY) and programmed it to update at 2 am so I could still use my phone. Verizon insisted that the reason it was freezing/restarting etc. was due to this. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE. I tried several times to explain that no, in fact my phone had been doing this before the option to update was available. I then got an annoying response that since the phone wasn't shutting down in front of him, right that second, there was nothing he could do.

Anyone else experience this problem? I've taken the battery out. Don't have many Apps and never leave any of them running. I honestly think I have a faulty phone and they are just being difficult!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve - Shuts Off & Restarts Itself
ellen24

I am on my 3rd BB curve and it constantly shuts itself off when checking my email.  I hate having my phone tell me I have an email so I actually check gmail through the internet instead of setting up my email account on the phone.  And the slow restart is really annoying.  This week I did set up the account but it drives me crazy.  I am not sure I want a blackberry on my next upgrade. ugh.

If I were you, I would call Verizon and tell them you have done everything possible to fix the problem.  We did that last week and I got a new one in the mail.  As long as you are within the 1 year manufacturer's warranty it shouldn't be a problem.

0 Likes
leo_pard_

Have you tried resetting your phone

0 Likes
FOOZ0330

Mine does the same thing!  Started a little over 2 weeks ago.  When I can get it to power on, its battery is completely drained.  I am due for an upgrade in June, and plan on moving to an iphone or android, so i want to hold out with my curve for as long as possible, but it is getting very frustrating.  It also happens to me multiple times a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and thank you for all of your replies! 

I would be a lot frustrated if my phone kept rebooting, or freezing.  A couple things you can try are clearing the memory on your device, as well as powering off the device daily, (for about 30 seconds).  If you're a heavy data user, we recommend you clear memory once a week. Here are steps to do so: http://bit.ly/HrlMGm

I trust this information is helpful!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes