Blackberry Messenger Curve 8530
ramgran1203

In my Curve 8530 I can see the list of my contacts but I cannot open the individual chats any longer? Looks like I unintentionally locked up something.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Messenger Curve 8530
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hi and welcome to the boards.

Did you delete the chats from your main Messages folder on your home screen (where your texts and emails also go)? Once you delete there, they no longer show up under Current Conversations in BlackBerry Messenger. As far as I know, the only way to view them again would be if you had done a backup using Desktop Manager while they were still in your messages.

0 Likes
ramgran1203

Thank you Sydney.

Let me be more specific and assuming I deleted all my previous chats; now I cannot open any of my contacts to initiate a new chat. That is, if I place the track pad on top of one of my contacts and press as I usually do I cannot open it so as to see the field were to write the messge.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Does it work if you highlight the contact name, then press the menu key (instead of pressing the trackpad), then select "Start a Conversation"?

Did you try a battery pull to reset everything? That works wonders for a variety of issues.

0 Likes
ramgran1203

Voila, problem solved...

Is this the equivalent to 'natural medicine'?

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for taking away from your time.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Happy to help! I'm glad it worked.

Yes, a battery pull could be thought of as a body detoxification.  :smileytongue:

0 Likes