Can I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 in London?
tddeuel

I'm going to London to visit family and need to know if I'll be able to use my Blackberry Curve?  I tried looking at the verizon international usage chart but ended up getting confused.  Can anyone just give me a yes or no answer?  Would really appreciated the help.

0 Likes
Re: Can I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 in London?
glinc
Contributor - Level 1

No you can't, you need a blackberry that has global capabilities.  The ones that have quad band are Tour and Storm 1 and 2, the 8830 have dual bands so just make sure carriers over there have those frequencies.

0 Likes
Re: Can I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 in London?
halbeart

Sorry, but your BlackBerry® Curve 8330 will not work because this phone is not globally capable. Since this device is not capable of global technology, you may not be able to use the mobile network in London because it may require GSM/UMTS technology which uses a sim card which is in most newer CDMA/EV-DO/LTE BlackBerry® Devices. This would include Dual-Band, Quad-Band, and if available from Verizon Wireless Tri-Band devices which are capable of using Verizon Wireless's and Vodafone's Global SIM cards. Basically, No you will not be able to use your phone with Global technology unless Verizon Wireless allows you to roam globally on global CDMA/EV-DO networks if any exists in London. Call your local Verizon Wireless retail store or call customer service from a landline phone at 1-800-922-0204, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you. But, No i do not think your BlackBerry® Curve 8300 will work since it is not globally ready.

0 Likes