Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't reply to e-mail on the new Blackberry curve
djdminor

I can receive messages on my Blackberry curve from my gmail account, however, I cannot reply to the message. It says that I do not have a messaging service setup. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Can't reply to e-mail on the new Blackberry curve
jnestell
Novice

Try registering the phone again by dialing *228 option 2.  Also you might have to go into your BIS account and send the service books again.  Is this a new phone?  It sounds like it might not have fully set itself up.

0 Likes
Re: Can't reply to e-mail on the new Blackberry curve
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

djdminor wrote:

I can receive messages on my Blackberry curve from my gmail account, however, I cannot reply to the message. It says that I do not have a messaging service setup. How do I fix this?

Hi,

On your device, go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.  You should have two things here:  Calendar (CICAL) and Messaging (CMIME).  The calendar entry does not really matter for this, but the messaging should be set to your xxxxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net email address.  If it is not, change it and save.  Then, your sending emails should work.

Doc

0 Likes