Changed my Curve's trackball 4 times in one week
dmora01

I'm starting to think I need to get my device replaced.

I keep it in the leather holster it came with.

The problem is always it can't scroll down.  I can scroll up, left and right.  When the trackball is replaced, it works fine- for a while.  Then the problem re-occurs.  One of the times I even had them clean the rollers for the trackball.

I am thinking my next move would be to ask to replace the phone itself- what do you guys think?

0 Likes
Re: Changed my Curve's trackball 4 times in one week
Geocritter

That's a weird one.  How long has it been going on?  i.e., is it still under warranty?

One thing, if it's happening pretty often, *might* be to try a different case for a while.  I don't know why that might have anything to do with it, but if the phone's not under warranty and you'd have to pay the deductable to get a new one, it might not be a bad idea to try a case that doesn't roll/push the ball all the time.   

It makes me wonder if maybe there's something in the case (fuzz or something) that's getting jammed in there.  I don't know, as I don't use the holster case myself, except to keep business cards in.  But it's a thought, anyway. 

And, it might be something with the phone sensors themselves.  Hard to tell.  But if you've got time, I'd try just not using that holster case first, and see if it improves.

0 Likes
Geocritter

sorry, I missed the frequency in the subject! lol  i'm really tired.  Anyway...4 times in a WEEK...yeah, I'd try a different case for a week or so...and if it does it again, I'd replace the phone.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Indeed, I would replace it also or try our Blackberry Curve 8530 with the sensor instead of a tracking ball.

0 Likes