Curve 8330 and v5.0
IHateLogins

Any word on when Verizon is going to release v5.0 for the Curve 8330?  According to Blackberry it's compatible, but I can't get it through any of the update mechanisms.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Curve 8330 and v5.0
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Link to Blackberry Support Community Forums which directs you to the appropriate information from Blackberry Forums.  IHate, sent you a PM with essentially the same info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded it last night seems to be working well...as far as I can tell anyway.

0 Likes
IHateLogins

Blah, I wonder why mine isn't updating.  Did you just update through the wireless update?

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I got excited when I saw this post and immediately hooked my BB 8330 to desk top manager. Nada. No updated software found. How are you downloading 5.0?

SoccerRef

0 Likes
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Link to Blackberry Support Community Forums which directs you to the appropriate information from Blackberry Forums.  IHate, sent you a PM with essentially the same info.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Let me make a recommendation. Instead of using the Boost mobile OS 5.0, which has huge memory leak issues, use a hybrid OS from Nathanix.com. They regularly update their OS and the latest ver 8 is very stable. I've used Nathanix hybrids for my last three OS reloads and each one is better than the one before. You can save a ton of free memory if you shrink the hybrid OS before installing. Another memory saver is installing default ringtones on your memory card and do not load them with your OS.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soccer

Thank you for that heads up.  Just got my BB yesterday and found that update on the Blackberry website.  That might explain why my phone slowed down a bit after installing only 2 applications, I figured it was just because the standard memory was sort of low.  I'm def. gonna check out Nathanix !! 

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

There is a tutorial section that explains how to install the hybrid. Give yourself about 2 hours for the complete process. Of course make sure you have a back up. The browser is extremely faster than the 4.5 browser and the calendar function is great! You can set an unlimited number of alarms through the calendar; weekday, weekend alarms; monthly Verizon bill payment reminders, etc. Let me know if you have any problems, but the guys at Nathanix are extremely helpful.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
IHateLogins

Holy crap does it ever leak memory.  I tried the hybrid, but hosed something up and went with Boost for ease of install... I can't go a full day without a battery pull.  It's awful.  Time to try the hybrid again.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

The latest OS 5.0 version 9 can be found at BBTweaks.com. They've made it evan easier with the self-extracting files when you download.

SoccerRef

0 Likes