Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Curve to Tour and PIN Messaging
DJ_Boxer
Novice

I am going to go to a Tour 9630 whenever I get the Early upgrade option and I was wondering about PIN messages.  When I PIN someone either with Verizon or with another company does that use: Data, or is it considered text?  The reason is if it is data then I will have to get the unlimited Data Plan with it.

DJ

0 Likes
Re: Curve to Tour and PIN Messaging
woyala
BBM is already included in your $29.99 Unl data plan
0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Novice

Thanks woyola but I have never used the messenger program before just went to compose and chose pin (contact) and used the message icon on the home screen.

DJ

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Novice
The Tour comes with Blackberry messenger, Windows Live messenger,Yahoo Messenger,Google Talk,and AOL instant messenger out of the package. They all use the data plan only SMS or text messenges do not.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Yes, PIN messaging uses data. Blackberry devices require the data plan, so there's no question in getting it, you have to. So you'll have unlimited data for all your web browsing, emails and any instant messaging.
0 Likes