DEAD KEYS
neurofungus

The last time I was able to use my blackberry curve was Saturday morning when I turned off the alarm clock. The next time I used it, it wouldn't do anything. Apparently the keys have completely stopped working. Is this normal? I've checked a few other forums and they've suggested updating the software. I did everything I could think, is there something I'm missing?

0 Likes
Re: DEAD KEYS
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning neurofungus.

I see you posted this a week ago, have you had this issue resolved?  Have you been able to use your BlackBerry since it froze?  As you mentioned, you are able to update the software if there is a new one available, but it would be helpful if you were able to navigate through your phone to be able to do so, huh?  If your phone is frozen, you are able to remove the back and battery for about 20 seconds, put back together, and power back up.  Once powered back on, you should be able to use it; however, it may be that the memory is full, which is causing it to freeze.  It is extremely helpful to clear temporary internet files regularly, (weekly), and restart the phone daily.  (Even if its just powering it off and right back on.)  Below I have provided you with the steps to clear temporary internet files, as well as update the software, if a newer software version is available.

Clear Temporary Internet Files:

• Open Web Browser
  • Select Menu
  • Select Options
  • Select Cache Operations
  • Select Clear History, Clear Content Cache, Clear Pushed Content, and Clear Cookie Cache.

Update Software:

• From the Home Screen, select Menu
  • Select Options
  • Select Advanced Options
  • Select Wireless Upgrade 
  • Follow rest of prompts

** To update at later time**

• Select Schedule Upgrade
  • Enter Start Time & Start Date
  • Select Confirm > Save

If the device is still not working after the steps provided above, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to personally assist you further.

Thank you,

0 Likes