Diagnostic test
Tazenman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a BB Curve 8330. I ran a Diagnostic Test on the device and received, viewed, and deleted the report. I now have a New email icon in the top right. I have checked my email and it is empty, SMS is empty, and MMS is empty. Just to verify that the Diagnostic Test created the New E-Mail I ran another test and sure enough it now displays a 2 by the New E-Mail icon. How do I clear this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Diagnostic test
Tazenman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to bother everyone but I have figured it out. It seems I have 3 applications on this BB, Messages, SMS and MMS, and E-mail. It seems the Messages Icon was hidden from the menu so I was unable to see the icon. I un-hid the icon and saw I had 2 messages from the Blackberry network.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
I would try doing a couple of battery pulls first and foremost. Then try sending yourself an SMS, sometimes that will reset the counter when it's stuck. 
0 Likes
Tazenman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you for the quick reply! I tried the battery pull several times. I sent myself an SMS txt message, when I received it another icon showed up identical to the other one. Once I read the txt msg it went away leaving the original that shows I have 2 new e-mails or messages. I even sent my self an e-mail and that created a new icon as well. It all deals with the Diagnostic tests I ran, I ran it 2 times and the icon shows I have 2 new messages/e-mails waiting.
0 Likes
Tazenman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to bother everyone but I have figured it out. It seems I have 3 applications on this BB, Messages, SMS and MMS, and E-mail. It seems the Messages Icon was hidden from the menu so I was unable to see the icon. I un-hid the icon and saw I had 2 messages from the Blackberry network.

Thanks!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Wow. I guess I should've asked you to describe the icon. ...that didn't even cross my mind. 
0 Likes