Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Diagnostic test
Tazenman
Enthusiast

I have a BB Curve 8330. I ran a Diagnostic Test on the device and received, viewed, and deleted the report. I now have a New email icon in the top right. I have checked my email and it is empty, SMS is empty, and MMS is empty. Just to verify that the Diagnostic Test created the New E-Mail I ran another test and sure enough it now displays a 2 by the New E-Mail icon. How do I clear this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Diagnostic test
Tazenman
Enthusiast

Sorry to bother everyone but I have figured it out. It seems I have 3 applications on this BB, Messages, SMS and MMS, and E-mail. It seems the Messages Icon was hidden from the menu so I was unable to see the icon. I un-hid the icon and saw I had 2 messages from the Blackberry network.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master
I would try doing a couple of battery pulls first and foremost. Then try sending yourself an SMS, sometimes that will reset the counter when it's stuck. 
0 Likes
Tazenman
Enthusiast
Thank you for the quick reply! I tried the battery pull several times. I sent myself an SMS txt message, when I received it another icon showed up identical to the other one. Once I read the txt msg it went away leaving the original that shows I have 2 new e-mails or messages. I even sent my self an e-mail and that created a new icon as well. It all deals with the Diagnostic tests I ran, I ran it 2 times and the icon shows I have 2 new messages/e-mails waiting.
0 Likes
Tazenman
Enthusiast

Sorry to bother everyone but I have figured it out. It seems I have 3 applications on this BB, Messages, SMS and MMS, and E-mail. It seems the Messages Icon was hidden from the menu so I was unable to see the icon. I un-hid the icon and saw I had 2 messages from the Blackberry network.

Thanks!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master
Wow. I guess I should've asked you to describe the icon. ...that didn't even cross my mind. 
0 Likes