Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Maps with Curve 8530
fezzik
Novice

Does Verizon or Blackberry or whoever, still lock GPS for third party apps.  The curve won't seem to use GPS for either navigation or google maps apps.  I can't figure out why except that apparently the lock is still on.  This doesn't seem to fit with the "open Verizon" innitiative.  I don't like VZ Navigator and I want to sync up latitude with this phone and the droid so we can see where each other is in case we can't get a hold of each other. 

Jay if you are reading I would like an official word on this if possible.

0 Likes
Re: Google Maps with Curve 8530
fezzik
Novice

Seriously is this a common thing or something?  I can't find much information on this after 2008 on the web but all I seem to get is BBmaps and VZNavigator.  Am I missing something?  Latitude would be a nice thing.

0 Likes
woyala

Go to options > advance options > GPS

and make sure on GPS services is set to ON

0 Likes
fezzik
Novice

GPS is set to location on.  I got that. I have finally figured out that it was a reception problem and Google maps just doesn't use GPS for this phone.  I am assuming that is a it doesn't use it for this phone yet.  It appears that the GPS isn't locked anymore cause Nav4all and Lifeinpocket both find it if I am outside also blackberry maps but no matter what I do Google still uses cell phone towers. 

0 Likes