HELP: super-slow SMS on a new Blackberry
joannah

I'm still just getting to know my new Blackberry Curve device, so may be missing something obvious here...

Within the past 24 hours, it has become RIDICULOUSLY slow about sending SMS messages. I type a message and hit "send", and then the round-clock icon shows up next to the message ("pending") for HOURS. A message I sent more than four hours ago is still showing the "pending" clock, as I type this. Another, written and "sent" about 40 minutes ago, also shows the clock.

This has happened with all SMS messages I've tried to send, since yesterday evening; I had had no such trouble previously. Granted, there have been only 3, and they've all been to the same person...

It seems that I am receiving SMS messages without a problem. 

I'm also making and receiving phone calls, emails, etc. Network seems fine - shows 3 or 4 bars.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

0 Likes
Re: HELP: super-slow SMS on a new Blackberry
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Happening to me as well.  I'm in NJ and my BB IM service is having delayed send times as well.  Chileman stated there was a problem with the RIM servers and a ticket was open.  I don't know if VZW's network is just running slow today or what, but you're not the only one.
0 Likes
penguinlover

Have you tried sending service books? 

0 Likes
sinfully_loved

have you tried combinig your SMS and your email? Have you cleared some of your messages? I dont know if it will help but give it a try.Also try to do a memory clean or catche clean. Let me know :smileywink:

0 Likes
affe

how do you do this?

I have been noticing with my curve that is has become very slow in general, i've cleared the memory and everything.  but trying to use the browser, messaging, and even trying to unlock my phone, it takes forever.

0 Likes