How do I look at SMS older than 1 month?
js90125634

I've had this Curve since May and I've backed up text messages before and have gotten at least a couple months worth at a time.  But now it only lets me see back one month.  How do I get it back to normal so I can look back 3+ months?  I know the messages are in my phone because I get a notification that one of the old ones has re-arrived one every couple weeks (ie. ones I cannot scroll back to now).

I have tried turning it off and on.  I've pulled the battery, and I even tried pulling the memory card (the 1 month of messages remained after removing the card).  I just deleted the 2 messages with images on them - which are about the first ones I've ever deleted.

Is this a RAM problem?  An SD problem?  A BlackBerry SMS database problem like others on the internet claim?

What is the solution?  How do I extract the old text messages?

Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: How do I look at SMS older than 1 month?
Not applicable

Hi js90125634:

I'd be happy to help with your messaging predicament. Which model of Blackberry Curve do you have? My guess is that the text messages are not backing up because they're erased from the phone so when you sync the device with the PC (I assume that's how you're backing it up), it only backs up what's in the phone at the time. 

To check the settings go to Messages> Menu Key> Options> General Option> Keep Messages. The default setting is 30 days. Change you setting to >30 days if available.

Let me know if that fixes it, or post any more details you may have about your issue.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes