Issues with the rollerball getting stuck on my Blackberry Curve 8330
jmuse1

I have had frequent issues for over a month now, with the rollerball on my Blackberry curve 8330 getting stuck. When it does this, I can not move upwards only scroll down my email lists, etc. The ball will only scroll down. I end up having to put a lot of pressure on the ball in order to finally get it to work correctly again..For a little while.. My husband had the same issue with his Blackberry tour and have to have his phone replaced. Has anyone else had this issue with the rollerball getting stuck, and if so, any ideas on how to fix the issue?

0 Likes
Re: Issues with the rollerball getting stuck on my Blackberry Curve 8330
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

What you describe is common with the trackballs, on both the Curve and Tour.  The trackball can be easily replaced on the 8330, but not so easily on the Tour.  My advice would be to call customer service and let them know about your problem and perhaps they could send you a replacement device. 

Doc

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
When this happened to my 8330, I stopped in a Verizon store and someone immediately replaced the trackball at no charge. Love Verizon service!
0 Likes
dmarcus48

This is a common problem.  There's actually a video about it on YouTube.  The best thing to do is to lock your keyboard, press down on the ball and move it around a little.  What happens is some dust or dirt gets in there and the ball can't rotate.  You don't have to kill the phone, just move the ball around and it will free up.

Dave

0 Likes
TXENGR

My BB 8330 trackball would not move to scroll down.  I tried the advice to lock the keyboard and rotate the trackball to free up any obstruction. It worked.  Thanks for the advice. 

0 Likes
dmarcus48

Thanks!  Glad to be of help.  If I fixed it for you mark the thread closed and give me kudos!..

Dave

0 Likes