Setting up a few things on my Blackberry Bold
Magenta214

I just got a Blackberry Bold from verizon Wireless. So far I like it compared to the curve that I used to have. Anyway, on my curve I used to have.  I am just trying to set it up to my liking and do not know if I can do what I want to.   On my curve I had the icons for Facebook and my Gmail on my main menu (the menu you get to when you click the blackberry button.)  With this phone, I have to go into the main menu and then into the application folder to get to gmail and facebook.  I actually dont care about facebook but would love to not have to do that for my gmail. I tried to "move it but that doesnt work. Any other ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting up a few things on my Blackberry Bold
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To move the icons so that they may appear on the main page, click the menu button (to the left of the trackpad) and you will be at the application screen.  First, note that the top line of icons on the application screen is what appears on the main screen.  All you have to do, is scroll to the icon you want to move.  For this example, we will use Facebook.  Go to the Facebook icon.  It might be in one of the folders, such as downloads.  If it is go to the Facebook icon and press the Menu key.  Select Move to Folder and select Home.  This will move the Facebook icon to the application screen.  Now go back to the Facebook icon on the applications screen.  Again, press the Menu key and this time select Move.  The Facebook icon can now be movedd to the top line in the application screen and once you have it in the position you want, press the trackpad and there it is.  Now press the escape button (to the right of the trackpad) and you will be back at the main screen.  You should see the Facebook icon in the position where you placed it.  You can move any of the icons you want simply by using the Facebook example I gave.  I hope this helps. 

Happy Holidays,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I guess you can disregard my post about the Bold going on sale. Glad to hear you got one.

I don't have the answer to your question because my BB folders are not set up that way, but I'm sure someone else here will be able to help.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To move the icons so that they may appear on the main page, click the menu button (to the left of the trackpad) and you will be at the application screen.  First, note that the top line of icons on the application screen is what appears on the main screen.  All you have to do, is scroll to the icon you want to move.  For this example, we will use Facebook.  Go to the Facebook icon.  It might be in one of the folders, such as downloads.  If it is go to the Facebook icon and press the Menu key.  Select Move to Folder and select Home.  This will move the Facebook icon to the application screen.  Now go back to the Facebook icon on the applications screen.  Again, press the Menu key and this time select Move.  The Facebook icon can now be movedd to the top line in the application screen and once you have it in the position you want, press the trackpad and there it is.  Now press the escape button (to the right of the trackpad) and you will be back at the main screen.  You should see the Facebook icon in the position where you placed it.  You can move any of the icons you want simply by using the Facebook example I gave.  I hope this helps. 

Happy Holidays,

Doc

0 Likes
Magenta214

Thank you! That did help and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be!!:smileyhappy:

Happy Holidays to you too!

0 Likes
Magenta214

Yea, I saw your post about the Bold and ended up getting a good dea due to an issue with my every two!

Thanks!

0 Likes