Swiching to BlackBerry
ISUDude10

Hello Everyone.... I have a LG EnV touch and I can upgrade phones in July.   I was thinking about getting a Blackberry Tour or a Curve.  I like the Curve because it has buit in Wi-Fi.  But my friends say that I should get a Tour and not the Curve.  I am still on the Family Share Plan, we have 5 phones and have 1400 minutes, I have unlimited texting and the basic $9.99 data package because of this phone now.   I know that if I get a BB that I have to get a $29.99 data package.   I was wondering if that is just for me or for everyone on the plan?  If I get a BB and my brother does will the $29.99 cover for both of us or will it be that price per phone? 

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swiching to BlackBerry
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ISUDude10 wrote:

Hello Everyone.... I have a LG EnV touch and I can upgrade phones in July.   I was thinking about getting a Blackberry Tour or a Curve.  I like the Curve because it has buit in Wi-Fi.  But my friends say that I should get a Tour and not the Curve.  I am still on the Family Share Plan, we have 5 phones and have 1400 minutes, I have unlimited texting and the basic $9.99 data package because of this phone now.   I know that if I get a BB that I have to get a $29.99 data package.   I was wondering if that is just for me or for everyone on the plan?  If I get a BB and my brother does will the $29.99 cover for both of us or will it be that price per phone? 

Thanks for the help!

You can compare each phone side by side here-->Curve & Tour See what phone fits your needs better with features. Then go with that device. The Curve is actually newer then the Tour. Tour has been out for quite awhile now. Also not to forget you can go to your local Verizon store too & look at both the phones on display there. Get a feel for each one.

The data plan for $29.99 a month just covers you. If brother were to get a BB you will both have to pay $29.99 each.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ISUDude10 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

You can compare each phone side by side here-->Curve & Tour See what phone fits your needs better with features. Then go with that device. The Curve is actually newer then the Tour. Tour has been out for quite awhile now. Also not to forget you can go to your local Verizon store too & look at both the phones on display there. Get a feel for each one.

The data plan for $29.99 a month just covers you. If brother were to get a BB you will both have to pay $29.99 each.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  If you are wanting WiFi and the features of the Tour, then it would pay for you to wait a few more weeks.  The new Bold 9650 will be released and it will have everything you are looking for in a Blackberry...and more.  Trackpad like the Curve, twice as much memory as the Tour, and WiFi.  If you can hang on for a couple of more weeks, you will be glad you did.  Go to Blackberry.com for more information about the new Bold.

Doc

0 Likes
ISUDude10

TheGreatOne  Thank you! You've  answered my questions!     Also Doc thank you for telling me about the new Bold soon to be released!  You guys were great help and thanks for the quick responses! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes