Text Limits
zoebluestar
Does anyone know 1) what the text limit on the Blackberry Curve is and 2) can that limit be changed? Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text Limits
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

You mean the limit for the amount of texts it can store on the phone? In the inbox? Or the amount you can actually text?

Please be more specific

0 Likes
zoebluestar
DUH! Sorry about that! The number of characters that you can include in a text. Everyone else I know texts me these long paragraphs but my Curve cuts me off. Just wondering if there is anyway to change the character limit or at least get it to send it in two texts?
0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

The limit is 160 characters and there is no way to modify the limit and it will not wrap a long text into multiple text messages.  If you really need to get around this you can send an email to the phone that will come in as a text.  For example to a verizon customer you can send the email to 5551234567@vtext.com.

0 Likes
2_BCs
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have read of an app for blackberry phones called Beyond 160 which might help.  This app is supposed to break a SMS message up into multiple messages if the message exceeds the 160 character limit.

While I haven't seen a free version of this, I have seen it available on Blackberry App World for about $7.  It also has a 14 day trial period.

Please also be aware that I have seen reports that this app may not work properly with OS 5.  i don't have any idea when Cannon software will have a new version out which addresses problems with OS 5.

0 Likes
Spring281

Another option is to send your message as an MMS instead of SMS. If you do not attach pics/audio/video to an MMS, you will have a 1000 character limit instead of 160.

0 Likes
zoebluestar
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely very grateful and will investigating all of your suggestions!
0 Likes